Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas

 
 
Hi Everyone! 

Wow.  What a busy time of year!  I have no idea what my husband and I were thinking when we decided to buy our first house in the middle of all this craziness!  But we did---and we are so thankful and excited to finally have a place of our own to call home.  We are also thrilled for the opportunity to have all of our family over for the holidays! 


My students and I had lots of fun this month!  We started by exploring how many other countries celebrate the holidays.  We read a book, viewed a PowerPoint, filled out a fact page  and a craft for their suitcase, and had traditional food from each country.  It was great! 

(Love these packs! I can't remember who I bought it from, but I will look at the copyright when I get back to school and let you know!)
 
 
 
The kids also helped decorate the classroom with these beautiful snowflakes!  They did such a great job that no one believes me when I say that the kids made them!
 
 
 
 
Another very exciting event was the visit of Tinsel, our elf on the shelf!  Tinsel was a very sweet and funny elf.  He kept us all entertained with his silly antics!  He also left very tiny letters for the kids each day.  :)
 




 
 

To end the fun we had a huge party.  The kids all wore their P.J's and we had a huge cookie decorating party!  :)
 
 18 dozen cookies! 
 
 
Each kid decorated 12 cookies to bring home for their family and Santa! :)
 
 
They also made food for the reindeer!!
 
 
 
The kids brought everything home in these cute reindeer bags
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Liv,

    I love your snowflakes! It looks like you had a busy {FUN} time with your students. I'm just going to have to do some Elf activities with the kids next year. My students kept talking about elves at their homes. I especially love the picture of the elf reading to the stuffed animals. Thanks for sharing these.

    Happy Holidays,

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics! I wish I could be a student in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom looks like a ton of fun! They are so lucky to have you as their teacher. I am hosting a giveaway and would love for you to stop by and check it out. Happy New Year!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your sweet words! :)

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olivia - Just LOVE all of your pictures, especially the snowflakes and the Elf on the Shelf. My favorite is the Elf in the Block Center building a snowman. LOL :)

    Looks like so much fun to be in your class!

    Danielle
    Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just read your post at 1...2...3 Teach With Me. I don't remember hearing of Rachel's Challenge, but I did read Rachel's Tears in high school. It was one of my favorite books. Thank you fir sharing.

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete